Hello Friday & hullo to yous! It is steamy AF here in Perth & I am not loving it. Schoolhouse went dorsum this week so of class that ways we have had some of the hottest days of the Summer. Poor kids. And poor me. I spend the majority of my working solar day outdoors and so I accept felt positively melted all week. Thank god for pools & Air-conditioning! Have you also melted this week? Or are yous lucky to exist somewhere that has seen some pelting & cooler temps? If y'all said yes I wish I was you!

Considering it'south been and so hot we have been eating a lot of salads. In fact, we eat a lot of salads all summertime long. If I could have a big salad & side of fries every day I would exist very happy indeed! And all those salads need dressing so I am here to tell why making salad dressings has made me feel more similar myself than I think a salad dressing should. But it is true!

Concluding weekend I was doing our weekly grocery shop & idea about ownership some Caesar salad dressing. Caesar salad is a big time favourite in house & I do not care i bit that information technology might not exist a absurd salad, we beloved it. I add spinach, seeds, basics & sometimes avocado to mine-YUM! And then I looked at the bottles of dressing only didn't put any in my trolley because I KNEW I could brand information technology at dwelling house. I walked on without the bottle of dressing, my mind already on something else. Until Tuesday rolled effectually. It was 41 degrees ( horrible conditions) & I decided we needed to utilize upward the BBQchook that was in the fridge. Hello Caesar Salad! Then I remembered I did not buy any dressing & started looking at recipes. Virtually used anchovies, I had no anchovies so googled a substitute- worchester sauce in case y'all didn't know- & started pulling ingredients from my fridge. Before I knew I had a actually nice dressing sitting in a jar in the fridge alongside the balsamic vinaigrette I made over the weekend & the spicy Asian dressing I made a few backs & had forgotten nigh I had some of information technology today & dearest it only can't retrieve where the recipe was from so I may never get to accept it again!)

Those jars of dressing made me feel really skillful because concluding year I got a bit lax in the kitchen & my cooking mojo went slightly AWOL.It's still AWOL & I blame the estrus. Once upon a time, not that long agone, I would happily bake 5 things in a day. I was making yogurt, butter, haloumi cheese, sauces, spice mixes. You proper name I would whip information technology up. I did that for many reasons, I had the time, coin was kinda tight, I like knowing wha'ts in my food, using as little packaging as I can & the satisfaction I got from beingness able to make so much of our food bought me a deep sense of happiness & worthiness. The kitchen was, & all the same is, my happy place. Food is love. But last yr I started working more than, and so I picked upward even more worked in the final quater of the year & before I knew I was out of the business firm 5 days a week. So many things I used to make, like salad dressing & haloumi, became things I would just buy because time was scarce. When it got to the weekends I didn't always desire to be tied to the kitchen. I was OK with that. I am still OK with that. But what I realised afterwards I fabricated that salad dressing was that I felt similar myself, like this is part of who makes me me. And it'due south OK that I'm not making & baking every single these days, a jar of salad dressing is all it takes to give me that petty feeling of " wow, look what I tin do with stuff I already have in the kitchen! How great is that?"

In the days since Tuesday I take thought nearly this encarmine salad dressing more than times than is probably normal. Information technology's almost as if the dressing is a symbol of me going like shooting fish in a barrel on myself which is not something I do oftentimes. All week when I've thought of how I could make this or that over the weekend the answer in my head says " hey, if you brand Ten, Y & Z, that will exist awesome simply if you lot don't at to the lowest degree you take salad dressing in the fridge!" I know I must sound completely bonkers simply this attitude is a big pace for me. The fact I'k non chirapsia myself up for not doing all the things is HUGE. The fact I can applaud myself for doing one small-scale thing feels really bloody squeamish. I also feel like the dressing has reminded me that I'm super capable in the kitchen & it doesn't have to be all or cipher. I don't know why but suddenly I feel a lilliputian more like myself. 1 small-scale thing bought a slice of myself back that I didn't fifty-fifty know I was missing. Huh.

And look, in case yous are wondering what the magical caesar salad dressing is, hither is the link- https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/caesar-salad-dressing.html#tabbox I'thou sure it's only like all the balance of the dressing recipes out in that location simply nosotros actually liked information technology.